Monday, November 14, 2011

Blog Post #1- Color Changing Leaves

Research Blog Post #1
When I starting thinking about what I wanted to research and ponder, I immediatly began looking at the world around me.  Fortunatly, we are currently in my favorite time of year-fall! And the thing I love most about fall is the way the leaves change from green to beautiful colors of red, orange, yellow, and brown.  But what I dont know is why this happens.
What makes the leaves go from green to colors of fall?  As you can see in the picture above, some leaves even fall before they get a chance to change colors.
Also, I have seen the same exact type of tree change into different colors.  What makes a tree turn red as opposed to yellow or orange?
This is something that happens every year, and I have always wondered about this phenomonon. It is a beautiful mystery that catches my attention and makes me want to learn more. 

1 comment:

  1. Chels.. Super random, but if you get this, can you message me?

    ReplyDelete